Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Impressions - 6/24/2009

Lots of books came home with me this week, along with the new previews catalog. Click below for the first impressions in order of reading :

Green Lantern #42 – Oh that was cheap Geoff Johns…I expected better.

All Hail Megatron #12 – Excellent end to an excellent series. Thundercracker?? Really? Wow. Pick of the week so far.

G.I. Joe #6 – Hmmmmmm, so that’s how Destro got like that. Well done backstory for the old Chrome Dome.

Gotham City Sirens #1 – Art is great, I want to love the story but I’m not loving it yet. This may be on the 3 issue death-list.

Detective Comics #854 – The art in this book is stunning, story is not bad either.

Bart Simpson #48 – This is absolutely hilarious, poking fun at all aspects of giant event comics.

Still need to read JSA #28, Wonder Woman #33 and Superman #689 but it is too damned hot in here. I’ll have reviews up for them later in the week, or possibly as early as tomorrow. We’ll see what the schedule is like.

No comments: