Sunday, July 12, 2009

Looking Forward to Wednesday - 7/15/2009

This is shaping up to be a bigger week than I initially thought, and these are just the DC books that I’m picking up this week. I’ll update later with the other publishers if there is anything that interests me but the main event this week is the first issue of Blackest Night. I plan on being that geek that is out front of the comic shop just before opening hopping up and down waiting to get my hands on it. Click below for the titles :

Most Anticipated Book :

Blackest Night #1
Story by Geoff Johns
Art by Ivan Reis

GL #43 (Blackest Night Prologue) was incredible last week and I cannot wait to get started with what is building up to be the best DC event in a while. Hopefully the book can live it up to it’s press and Johns can pull off the third part of his Green Lantern Trilogy (the other two parts being Rebirth and the Sinestro Corps War). There is also a sweet VanSciver variant for #1 as well that I may consider depending on price. It would be cool to get him to autograph it if he’s at Chicago Comic-Con this year.

The Rest :

Action Comics #879 – This issue should wrap up the first Flamebird and Nightwing arc in Action since the new crossover begins next month. Also, I’m interested in the Captain Atom backup feature. Curious to see where he’s been since the whole Countdown thing where he was Monarch.

Batman : Streets of Gotham #2 – First issue was decent, and I loved Dustin Nguyen’s art so I’ll keep this one on the list for now. The Manhunter co-feature didn’t really grab me last time but we’ll see if it improves this month.

Blackest Night : Tales of the Corps #1 – Three stories that are meant to give us some background on members of the various Corps involved in the War of Light.

Final Crisis Aftermath : Escape #3 – With FCA : Run! being my favorite of the Aftermath books, this runs a close second. Two issues in and I have absolutely no clue where this is going but I have faith that it will tie up in the end.

Wednesday Comics #2 – First issue was a winner, I’m excited to have another weekly comic that I’m interested in.

Red Robin #2 – This is a holdover from last week since, in my excitement for Green Lantern #43, I forgot to grab it off the rack. It has been added to my list now so that won’t happen again :-)

I may pick up JSA vs. Kobra but with a larger stack this week and Chicago Comic-Con approaching, it may have to wait due to saving up some cash. We’ll see what happens.

No comments: