Sunday, June 6, 2010

(Really) Looking Forward to Wednesday - 6/9/2010

Since last week was completely comic-less for me due to Memorial Day, work schedule and child birthing classes….we will have a review extravaganza with last week's and this week’s books. Here are the titles I’ll be reading that are coming out this week :



Marvel Comics

Invincible Iron Man #27 – I’ve been really into Iron Man lately, and this title has been really well done. Still have yet to see Iron Man 2, though. At this point I think I’ll wait for it on BluRay.

Nemesis #2 – It seems like it’s been forever since the incredible debut issue, but for some reason I have no problem waiting for Mark Millar’s projects to come out.

DC Comics

Batgirl #11 – DC’s underdog title keeps moving along. This has been my biggest surprise this year.

Batman #700 – Batman 699 was so bad, that I completely forgot that 700 was coming out this week. Looking forward to getting Morrison back on the main title. I really enjoy Tony Daniel’s art, but his writing wasn’t nearly as good. Why isn’t David Finch regular artist on Batman yet?

Justice League : Generation Lost #3 – I haven’t read Brightest Day #3 yet, but JL:GL is quickly coming up as the better choice for bi-weekly comics.

IDW Publishing

GI Joe : Cobra #5 – I’m curious to see how they play Cobra Commander after his “big reveal” last issue.

Transformers #8 – This continues to be a solid title. A little up and down in the pacing but the story and character work is top notch.

…..and from last week :

Brightest Day #3 – Deadman VS the Anti-Monitor? Interesting….

Joker’s Asylum : The Riddler – I didn’t really enjoy the first joker’s Asylum series, but I’ll give this one a shot.

Justice Society of America #39 – My interest in JSA is returning with this possible-future story.

The Mighty Crusaders Special #1 – I haven’t read anything to do with the Red Circle characters but this might pique my interest.

Red Hood : Lost Days #1 – It’s no secret that I’m a fan of Jason Todd and am seriously looking forward to the new Batman Direct-to-BluRay movie. That said, I’m also looking forward to reading this, hopefully it treads some new ground and doesn’t just re-hash the Batman Annual that told us how Jason came back (Superboy punch anyone?)

Red Robin #13 – The Bat-family of books is just swarming with good titles lately. The first year wrapped up nicely so let’s see where Fabian Nicieza decides to point Tim for the second year.

Superman Batman Annual #4 – I haven’t picked up Superman Batman since the Brainiac / Metal Men arc a while back. I’m reading this to see if I’ll be interested in the Batman Beyond mini-series.

Dust Wars #1 – Never read anything in the Dust series, but this seems interesting.

Irredeemable #14 – Probably one of the best series that I’ve read this year. Catch up on it if you haven’t checked it out.

No comments: