Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Looking Forward to Wednesday (4/2/2014)

So now that my busy season is behind me at the day job, I should have more time to post here.  We just recorded Episode 3 of the podcast which I'm currently editing, but until that is done, here is a look at what I'll be reading this week and it was a very light week for my pull list, so I'm trying some new things!




Regular Pull List :

Earth 2 #22

This book was great for about the first year, then they got bogged down in this same Evil Superman story after James Robinson left the title.  Nicola Scott’s art keeps me here but this may be the issue where I decide to drop it if they don’t get away from this same trope.

Inhuman #1

Honestly, I forgot this was on there and since I bought Infinity, this title rolled automatically onto my list.  I’ll give it a shot but so far I have not liked anything that Charles Soule has written and Joe Madureira is hit or miss for me.

New Things :

Detective Comics #30

I haven’t read Detective since the first few issues of the New 52 relaunch.  On a quick side note, can we take the “New 52” branding off of the cover?  It’s been almost 3 years….it’s no longer new.  Anyways, I’m interested to see Francis Manapul’s take on the Dark Knight and hopefully it goes back to the heart of what Detective is supposed to be….stories about Batman solving myseteries.

The Punisher #2 & #3

I’m a sucker for a new Punisher series and last week I picked up the first issue of this new run by Nathan Edmondson and Mitch Gerards.  The first issue really drew me in so I’m picking up the next two to see how this goes.  It may end up on my regular list of these two issues impress.

Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude #1


Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning back doing the Guardians?  Tie-in to my most anticipated movie this year?  Bald Karen Gillan on the cover??  I’m in and it’s only two issues so what can it hurt?

- Jason

No comments: