Monday, November 17, 2008

Trailer Fanatic - Star Trek (2009)

Those that know me well know that I am a huge fan of movie trailers. Not sure why, but I just love the art of trailers and the need to make someone interested in a film without giving away too much all in a minute or two.

I did not get to go see Quantum of Solace like I wanted to on Sunday thanks to a headache and general slothfulness after a party night. But, my friend Shawn did let me know about the new Star Trek trailer that popped up before the movie. Here is a link to check it out online :

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23687

Go ahead...I'll wait.


Awesome wasn't it??? I've definitely always leaned more to the Wars side of the Star genre rather than Trek but this looks surprisingly action packed and interesting. The casting is dead-on. Zachary Quinto looks like a young Leonard Nimoy, Simon Pegg as Scotty...perfect, and Karl Urban as Bones seems to work as well. I'm not too familiar with the actor playing Kirk but it looks like good casting.

I'm happy that they're beginning things on Earth because I've always been curious as to what Earth is like in the Star Trek timeline. Now that the effects and budget exist, we can finally see it. Anyway, this looks great and I will definitely add it to my list of movies to see for 2009 along with Watchmen.

- Jason (James Tiberius Kirk!)

No comments: