Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Impressions - 5/20/209

I'll preface this week's First Impressions with this : I read most of my books after going to see Star Trek so I was a little tired and over-excited. Before writing the full reviews, I'll definitely read them again in a more focused state of mind. My review of the movie will be out later this week. Anyway, on to the books from this week in no particular order :

Final Crisis Aftermath : Dance #1 - Not bad, but definitely the first disappointment in the Aftermath series so far. The "Twittering" really annoyed me because...well, Twittering annoys me in real life. I'll read it again and see if it gets better.

G.I. Joe #5 - I could read a whole comic series just based around Destro and The Baroness.

Supergirl #41 - OK, so I asked for an explanation after last issue and I get more questions. What is this...LOST?

All Hail Megatron #11 - If you haven't picked up any of this series...DO.IT.NOW!!! Megatron proves why he leads the Decepticons and his deviousness just piles on. Plus, Devastator VS Omega Supreme.

Battle for the Cowl #3 - One issue-long fight between Jason and Dick, one Black Mask who isn't really Black Mask, and one new Batman. Not a bad finish to this action packed mini-series.

No comments: