Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Looking Forward to Wednesday…ummm, Thursday (5/28/2009)

It’s another all DC week for me unless something jumps out at me from the new release or trade wall. And…since there was a holiday this week, new comics are on Thursday instead of Wednesday. In other words, reviews may be a bit behind due to the delay. Click below for this week’s titles :

Most Anticipated Book of the Week :

Green Lantern #41 – Hopefully we get the backstory about Agent Orange in this issue. He is probably one of the most interesting characters in the Green Lantern universe lately and we know nothing about him. Also, I just saw the variant cover by Rodolfo Migliari (pictured to the left), which is pretty sweet and may find it's way into my variant collection. The War of Light continues, and Blackest Night is coming…..


The Rest :

Final Crisis Aftermath : Ink #1 – I’m going to give this s flip-through while I’m at the shop, but I’ll only buy it if it seems interesting or the art really grabs me.

Gotham Gazette : Batman Alive #1 – Will this be full of Commissioner Gordon’s relief that Batman is back and he doesn’t have to do police work? Just kidding, these tie-ins have been decent so far.

Justice Society of America #27 – The first issue without Geoff Johns. Now begins my countdown as to whether I’ll keep this on the pull list or not. Looks like Jerry Ordway is doing both art and writing duties for this one, so that’s not too bad.

Superman #688 – Not bad, not bad. Although out of all the Superman titles this one teeters on the edge of being dropped. I just don’t care that much about Mon-El or the Guardian but the story is decent and the art is pretty good.

Wonder Woman #32 – I’ll say it again, this has been a consistently good book every month. After last month’s revelations, I’m curious to see how this pans out.

No comments: