Monday, May 4, 2009

Show & Tell #3 : Cobra Vehicles (G.I. Joe)

It’s been a while since I started the Show & Tell post but here is the long awaited third installment, focusing on 2 of my favorite Cobra Vehicles from G.I.Joe. Click below to continue:



Cobra Rattler Jet

First, straight from my “geek room”, we have the Cobra Rattler jet. Loosely based on the real-life A10 Thunderbolt jet utilized by the United States Air Force, it has VTOL (Vertical Take Off & Landing) capabilities, as well as a swiveling gun turret on the top.


This one is not an original released in 1984, but one I picked up at Target a while back when they re-released them around 2008. It is currently ruling the skies in my art studio, that is until I pick up a GI Joe plane to fight it. Currently piloted by the Cobra pilot Wild Weasel, he flies unchallenged for the moment.



Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank

Continuing my love of the dark side, we have my favorite GI Joe toy, the Cobra H.I.S.S. (HIgh Speed Sentry) tank. Why is this my favorite Cobra vehicle? Just look at it! This thing is totally bad ass looking and you would cry if you saw a battalion of these bearing down on your position. Although now that I really look at the scale, it seems that it would actually be about the size of a Toyota Camry :-)


I bought this one at Target last year after I searched around for a decent original at Wizard World Chicago. It comes with the Cobra Driver character and Cobra Commander hangs out next to mine.

Bonus :

Check out these links to classic Saturday morning commercials for the Rattler and the H.I.S.S. tank from YoJoe.com:

Original Cobra Rattler Commercial

Original Cobra H.I.S.S. Commercial

No comments: