Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Looking Forward to Wednesday (6/3/2009)

I managed to break away from the household projects to post a quick LFTW. I'll hopefully be finished in time to head up to the shop in a few hours. Click below for the books :

Most Anticipated Book of the Week :

Batman and Robin #1 - Those of you that know me know 2 things about my comics preferences. First, I love Grant Morrison's work. I know it's not for everyone but I am a fan (I get two Morrison books this week, so bonus). And second, I hate Frank Quitely's art. So I am seriously torn on this title right now. I am going to try and pick up a copy of the JG Jones variant cover and hopefully the story will outweigh Quitely's art, or for some odd reason, Quitely's art doesn't bother me as much.

The Rest :

Final Crisis Aftermath : Run #2 - Great first issue, let's hope it can continue this momentum.

Seaguy : The Slaves of Mickey Eye #3 - Awesome, two Morrison books in the same week. Seaguuy has been wonderfully weird and twisted, and this is the last issue of this chapter. The first volume ended up making zero sense (one thing I love about this book is that it doesn't feel it has to), but it became more coherent around the last issue.

Secret Six #10 - After the last issue I am stuck on this book.

Superman : World of New Krypton #4 - Kryptonian Military Superman VS Green Lantern Hal Jordan!!! Hopefully the book delivers what the cover promises.

Atomic Robo : Shadow From Beyond Time #2 - Consistently enjoyable book in it's third hilarious volume. Keep it up :-)

...and comic boards!! I must remember comic boards. If anyone who hangs out at Collector's Edge reads this before seeing me there today, please remind me. Much appreciated!

No comments: