Friday, May 21, 2010

First Impressions - 5/19/2010

Six books read so far this week with just a few to go.  Here are my thoughts after reading the first few.




Legion of Superheroes #1 - I want to love the Legion…I really do, so I thought I’d give this new series a try from the beginning. How was the first issue? Not bad…not great, but not bad. We’ll see what happens in the next two issues. And this book would have seemed like a logical choice to come with a Legion flight ring, oh well.


Zatanna #1 - I was strangely drawn to buying the first issue of Zatanna (more on that in the reviews). Good first issue, definitely makes me interested in continuing on to the second. Great job on the art by Stephane Roux.

GI Joe #18 - OK I’ll admit it, the slow build that I loved so much over the past year and a half is starting to get a little old. Is that Power Girl on the cover posing as Cover Girl? Yowza.

Invincible Iron Man #26 - This issue was full of optimism as Tony Stark begins to build his company again from scratch. Good stuff.

Brightest Day #2 - More dormant villains popping up and a big (very big) unexpected baddie at the end. Deadman was very surprised :-)

Batman : Streets of Gotham #12 – I love The Carpenter, it was a nice surprise seeing her in this issue. Batman appears for like, 4 panels but the rest focuses on our handy-girl.

DC Universe Legacies #1 - Honestly.....kind of blah.  I'm going to give it another read through before reviewing but it literally took me about 5 tries to get through the whole book, I Just kept putting it down.

No comments: