Thursday, May 27, 2010

First Impressions - 5/26/2010

Got to read 7 of my books so far, with a few left to go. Here are the first thoughts from this week’s releases :


Batman : The Return of Bruce Wayne #2 – Now we’re getting somewhere. Some direct tie-in information to the current Batman & Robin story and an angry Pilgrim Bruce Wayne.

Green Lantern #54 – Rage Cat is back! Also, the being that is collecting the avatars reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Comic Book Guy is The Collector.

Green Lantern Corps #48 – Not bad, but not what I’ve been getting from the GLC in the past. This might spell the end of my getting GLC. We’ll call this a 3 issue firing squad rule.

Secret Avengers #1 – Well done, Ed Brubaker. As most know I am not much of a Marvel reader but this book transitioned a noob like me seamlessly into the new post-Siege team run by Steve Rogers (Whose new outfit is very cool). I only had to look a couple of things up on Wikipedia that were minor questions :-)

Fantastic Four #579 – Reed Richards is an intellectual badass!

Superman : War of the Supermen #4 – Decent conclusion to this short event. I still want to see Krypto go up against Rage Cat though.

Power Girl #12 – Awesome wrap-up book, loved seeing Vartox again.

Reviews should be up by Saturday, so check back!

No comments: