Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Looking Forward to Wednesday - 6/30/2010

Another good week for comics, although there will be no DC bi-weekly Brightest Day or Generation Lost this week probably due to the 5 week month. Also, next week, the 4th of July holiday here in the States will delay my comic pickups until Friday so everything will be pushed back slightly. Also, full reviews will be back shortly, I've had little free time and I'm trying to reformat the way I do them slightly.  Keep checking, they'll be back soon :-)

Click below for the books that I plan on checking out this week :



DC Comics

Action Comics #690 – I’ve been away from Action Comics for about half a year now, but this Luthor-centric story that is being solicited has piqued my interest. Superman is on its way back to the regular pull list; let’s see if Action can make it back there as well.

Batman Beyond #1 – The last Superman / Batman Annual featured the beginning of Terry McGinnis as the future Batman in regular continuity, and I’m really looking forward to this. Batman Beyond was a great animated series; hopefully it translates well into the print comics world with this mini-series.

Flash #3 – The first two issues were good, but for some reason I can never hold interest in a Flash book for very long. Three issue trial period ends here….or will it keep going?

Green Lantern #55 – Atrocitus VS Lobo! Enough said, and more than enough rage to go around.

Wonder Woman #600 – Wonder Woman is the last of the DC Big 3 to get the anniversary treatment, and this is also the start of JMS’ run as writer of our favorite Amazonian princess. I’ve seen some articles around the interwebs that they are changing Wonder Woman’s costume. Why? WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OK, I’m done.


Marvel

Secret Avengers #2 – The first issue really grabbed my attention so I’m giving this a trial run as well. Great art by Mike Deodato and I always enjoy Ed Brubaker’s stories.


Red 5 Comics

Atomic Robo : Revenge of the Vampire Dimension #4 – Alas, another hilarious Atomic Robo volume comes to an end. With Doctor Dinosaur appearing last issue, this one will have to work hard to top it. When can we get a Doctor Dinosaur story arc lasting more than one issue?

WHY!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??! OK, really done now :-)

No comments: